Re: Inlining on trees

In article <199911050016.QAA12309@mail.wrs.com> you write:

>Here's the first example program from the book "Introduction to CHILL"
>ISBN 92-61-01771-1.
>
>COMPUTE_ABSOLUTE_VALUE:
>MODULE
>		DCL I INT := 1,
>       J INT := I*2;
>
>    I := J * 3;
>    J := I / 4;
>    I := ABS (J - I);
>END COMPUTE_ABSOLUTE_VALUE;
>
>Another book is "CHILL User's Manual", ISBN 92-61-02601-X.

Well, I hope you're not implying I should build a chill's book instead of
complaining.  I'm not interested in Chill at all, personally.
It's just that, as a gcc maintainer (OpenBSD Operating System), I'd like
to help making sure that chill builds and works with my local tweaks.

In fact, as far as I can tell, nobody but one of Cygnus's customers is
interested in Chill.   So only Cygnus is interested in making sure Chill
does not break.

In any case, with the current state of affairs, if some people want to use
Chill, they should give us the tools to ensure we don't break Chill by
random modifications.  Namely, they should buy the documentation, write the
testsuite, import whatever they see fit, so that we can make our best effort
to keep Chill running.

I am not spending a cent on Chill documentation.