Re: Y2K compliance?

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Laura_Davis wrote:
> I'm an admin at a software company.  We're trying to
> verify our systems for y2k compliance and do have gcc
> compilers on site.  Is there a list of compiler versions
> which are y2k or is the date not an issue in this matter?
> I've already searched the gnu web site for information.

Unfortunately the GCC web pages at www.gnu.org are not completely
up-to-date, but I am working on that.

http://egcs.cygnus.com/ has a "Year 2000" link in the navigation bar,
which points to our official documentation of that issue.

(Essentially, this is not a real issue for a compiler, though there
have been some changes to G77 recently. In any case I suggest that
you use GCC 2.95.2 -- it's simply the best. ;-) )

Gerald