Re: `size_volatile' types

    Are you trying to say that the size/offsets can vary for two objects
    of the same type within the same scope?  Or are you trying to say that
    the positions/types of the sam object can vary within the scope of the
    object?

Actually, I'm not sure what the "scope" of an object means.  I view an
object as a piece of data, which has a lifetime, but not a scope.  Things
that are declared like variables or types have scope.  So I'm not at all
sure what's meant here.