Re: Merging FSFChangeLog

  In message <m3ln9952y7.fsf@nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>you write:
  > > The ChangeLogs are out history.  Do we want to repeat them on the mailing
  > > lists to any curious newcomer, because the repository doesn't remember th
  > em
  > > anymore?
  >
  > You could stick the whole lot on a server and link via a web page.
Precisely.

The old ChangeLogs are of some value once in a while, but only to a small
number of people (folks who most likely have them archived anyway).  It's
totally stupid to force the vast majority of folks to download megabytes of
ChangeLogs just to make life a tiny bit easier for the half dozen or so folks
that actually look at very old ChangeLogs from time to time.

jeff