Re: ABI/compatibility details? (egcs -> gcc 2.95 -> future?)

> I believe there is one major difference: The (reported) problems related
> to -fstrict-aliasing do not show up immediately during compiliation, while
> an ABI change immediately will show up during linking.

Well, the "empty base class optimization" is not linkage-safe: linking
code compiled with and without it will result in crashes or other
strange behaviour. Therefore, activating that must be combined with
activating other ABI changes that do result in linkage errors (such as
squangling, or vtable thunks).

Regards,
Martin