Installing compilers

Folks,

This is second request to you!!!

I'm beginning to attempt to install your gcc 2_95 compiler suite but I do
not understand your instructions.  I hope you can answer my questions.

1. You mention that binutils 2.9.1 has bugs and I should use vendors Sun as
and ldr.  I downloaded binutils 2.7.  Should I use them?? How do I
communicate these to the installer?

2.I downloaded gcc-2_95-sol25-sparc-local.  I'm assuming that I have the
binaries and not the source code here, however in GCC install :
configuration you create a srcdir. Is the src in gcc-2_95-sol25-sparc-local
module??

How do I set up objdir and srcdir??  What's the relationship to /usr/local
default.
How do I use the command srcdir/configure [target] [options]. Looks like I
can ignore target and options.

Thanks for your help!! I can call you if that would be easier!  Pls send
your tele #!!
I will be back on Mon morning.
Mike Brier
617 588 8004