Re: hi

> I am extending the i386.md and i386.h to handle mmx registers
> so that we can use the new mmx operations and 3dnow operations
> in inline functions or macros.   I have also extended the binutils
> with the latest amd k7 3dnow stuff (there was already some support
> there).

	hello,

	i am just very new to inside ofthe gcc. i have somequestions .

	1) because the k6 fpu is not pipelined , and the 3dnow units are ,
will just using the 3dnow operations for SFmode accelarate the code ?

	2) or do we need some software pipelining or stuff tohave the real
power of packed data formats of 3dnow/mmx?

	the pgcc already had mmx support , but i think they just added to
the md file and macros. so the code generated was even slower than the
withot mmx mode ...

	last noteis .... i would like to contribute to the gcc . but dont
have much experience . any recomendations for a beginner ? like
helping with bugs etc ...

	Erhan Bilgili