Re: Questions about cpp, cpplib, and precompiled headers

Doug Landauer wrote:
> I have a few questions, ultimately about precompiled headers.
[...]
> 1. What is the status of the Corel-related work mentioned in
>      Cygnus' press release?
>
> 2. How close is cpplib to replacing the separate cpp?
>
> 3. Are these two efforts completely separate (other than both
>      being based on the existing, earlier cpp)?
>
> 4. What can we do to help?

I don't know about the Corel stuff, and I personally think precompiled
headers are a waste of effort.  (I could be convinced otherwise.)

Replacing cccp with cpplib was pretty much my pet project, and I don't
have time now or in the near future to do serious work.  But if you
wanted to take something off proj-cpplib.html and get it implemented,
that would be great.  May I suggest items 8, 5, 7, 10, 18, 19, 20, 22,
and 23?  Those could all be done without intimate knowledge of the
code, and would all be a great help.  Especially #8.  (Note I just
updated that page, so reread it.)

zw