Re: gcc_tooldir is useless

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

|>   In message <jed7v3x8g2.fsf@hawking.suse.de>you write:
|>   > How do you define always?  The --with-headers option didn't exist in gcc
|>   > 2.8.x or before.
|> cross-compilation with gcc-2.8 and earlier was so horribly bad that it
|> wasn't even worth trying to make it work sensibly.

I have never had any problem with building a cross compiler with gcc 2.8
and even older versions.

|> The code to do --with-headers has actually been around for at least 7 years,
|> initially within Cygnus, then via crossgcc patches, and now it's part of gcc
|> itself

But it doesn't work, it's even worse now: I have moved the header to
$(tooldir)/sys-include, and now even when building libgcc2.a they are not
found any more.  Which is no wonder, since $(libsubdir) does not exist
yet.  So what next???

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."