Re: Almost got glibc working with no-vtable-thunks, but ....

Frederik,

It seems this is the point where I have to leave you on your own; with
all the changes you made to various tools and libraries, I can't guess
anymore what's going on.

> The text sent to cerr is lost, but not the linefeed!!!!!

I have no clue; you'll probably have to debug this to find out.

> One other thing is that specs changes are not necessary, it
> compiles and runs with the same bug anyway. Does that mean that
> the crt* files are binary compatible and it picks the old ones?

Yes, the crt* files should be binary compatible. To find out exactly
which ones it uses, pass --verbose to ld(1), preferably via
-Wl,--verbose.

Good luck,
Martin