Re: type based aliasing again

>>>>> Nick Ing-Simmons writes:

Nick> How about making -fstrict-aliasing implied by -ansi/-iso ;-)

	This is an interesting and good proposal.  The problem that I see
is GCC currently uses that flag differently.  The flag currently disables
GCC extensions that are not allowed by a strictly-conforming ANSI/ISO
program.

	We already have -Os for space optimiation.  Maybe we need -Oa or
-Oansi or -Oiso for the user to give assurances that the program is
standards-compliant.  This would allow an umbrella optimization flag to
attach many of these optimizations requiring strict conformance to operate
correctly.

David