Re: type based aliasing again

    But, if we worry much more about accommodating that code, we risk
    spending time on that rather than actually making GCC work for
    correct code, which can *also* lose us lots of users and code.

For accommodating code that isn't strictly valid, I think it is
sufficient if we do this when we can do it without much work, and
without losing any noticeable amount of speed.

If the GCC maintainers sincerely undertake to do this, I am sure they
can judge how much time to spend on it.  Often there is a way that
is easy to find when you look for one in this spirit.  If you make
a proper effort to look, and you don't see one, then you don't
do anything.