Re: EGCSTENSIONS PATCH for 2.95.1 for using SUN make with builddir!= srcdir

>On the one hand, we still pay strong attention to broken C compilers
>in that we require that bootstrap works with K&R compilers, on the
>other hand we don't want to add just a few lines to Makefiles to
>support Sun make (for example).

I've assumed that GNU make (gmake) is required to be built, out of the box,
using not only a K&R C compiler, but Sun make as well.

If that's not the case, then either gmake or GCC should be fixed to
build with Sun make, given how popular Sun systems are...right?

        tq vm, (burley)