Re: MPE Port

At 02:36 AM 9/8/99 -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>By chance do you have a functional cpio?
>
>If so you can change gcc/configure.in to use install-headers-cpio to switch to
>cpio instead of tar.

Yes, but it suffered from the same problem. (I think MKS is using shared source
for both tar and cpio). The problem is that it tries to store/copy . and .. and
that results in a "duplicate" in the destination and ends with an error. I
started to look at porting GNU tar, but there are file characteristics (meta
data) that needs to get "attached" to each file, and I wasn't sure how to
do that. I've figured out what HP tar does and may be able to extend GNU
tar to do the same ... but still haven't tried it.
--
Mark Klein                                 DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                         415-892-8400