Re: C++ and static data members...

On Sep  3, 1999, Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr> wrote:

> First, let me be clear. I do not want a new feature. I just find the current
> behaviour strange and non-natural from the programmer's view. If there is no
> way to improve that at small cost, too bad...

But there is: don't define the static function inline; define it in
the implementation file only.  This will make sure the object file in
the library will be sucked in, bringing with it the static
initializers.

> Boy, I wanted to learn how to use libtool, it is an occasion...

Please note that libtool doesn't support any language other than C
yet, although it does work with g++, by luck, on a couple of
platforms.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}