Re: Workaround for Sun V5.0 compiler

Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>> There's been numerous reports of bootstrap comparison failures when
>> building gcc-2.95[.1] with the Sun V5.0 compilers.  Through the efforts
>> of Patrick Chan we have been able to isolate a bug in the Sun V5.0
>> compiler.

Ah, that explains the make compare failure the first time around.

> Would you mind adding a note to install/specific.html about Sun V5.0
> compilers being broken? (Resp. a note that GCC 2.95.2 will work around
> that bug, if you decide to add that patch to the branch?)

I forgot to mention this when I was sending in my report.  I got a make
compare failure on a single file when bootstrapping with Sun's compiler; I
just installed the stage three compiler and then bootstrapped again with
that.  The result passed make compare; I haven't run it through any hard
tests yet, though.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>