RE: GCC 2.95.1 'make bootstrap' oddities on Solaris

> Dimitri,
>
>    I experienced the same results with Solaris 2.5 and 2.6. I worked
> the problem by:
>
>    1.) Use binutils 2.9.1 as/ld for the gcc 2.95.1
>
>    2.) Set my path to:
>
>         PATH=.:/output-dir/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin
>
>    Where 'output-dir- is the prefix directory.
>    It seems if /usr/local/bin was in my path, the build would fail
>    just like yours.

Thanks for your reply. This works fine indeed.

However, I want one GNU as/ld version of GCC and one Sun as/ld version.
I managed to build both of them. I will test and eventually use the Sun
as/ld version, in order to be able to share libraries with people using
the Sun as/ld. Once you begin to use GNU as/ld, you get stuck with it,
because GNU ld is not compatible with Sun ld - see for example those
nasty warnings:
	section .stabstr: malformed string table, initial or final byte
I don't know if this is a Sun or GNU, an as or ld bug?

Dimitri