Re: Cross Compiling

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> Is there any way to configure which will not require the libraries?
> For instance, if you have no library for the target system?
>
> Will libgcc build with just the headers for the target?

Depends on the target. You may not be able to build libgcc.a when
cross-compiling for some targets; for others, having just the target
headers will suffice.

> This has become a FAQ, and the crossgcc document is badly in need of
> updates (which I would volunteer if I knew the answers).

You may want to check out the various howtos at
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

The linux->cygwin cross assumes you have the Cygwin development tree
already installs. If you look at the linux->mingw howto, it shows how
and what to install for the target environment (headers/libs); the
latest one, cygwin->linux, gives more details.

Regards,
Mumit