Re: Linker Error on Solaris 2.5.1 with GCC 2.95

On Aug 12, 1999, Anna Winkler <awinkler@maad.com> wrote:

> gcc -print-prog-name=ld returns /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/bin.  I
> added that to my path, so that's the first ld found, then
> recompiled.

As I told you, the PATH doesn't make any difference.  Please read
http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#gas

You may have to install binutils, that should be available wherever
you downloaded the binary package from.  It's likely to install itself
wherever gcc will find it.  If not, you'll have to create a soft-link,
as explained in the FAQ.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}