Re: order of switches

On Aug 12, 1999, Igor Markov <imarkov@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

>   Well.. I can say that with SunCC, when using shared libs,
>   I never get "undefined" symbols due to bad ordering.

Then use shared libraries with gcc too.  The way a linker processes
shared libraries is completely different from static ones.

>   I can see that this may be somewhat limiting, but in practice
>   it's much more convenient.

It's only more convenient for those that don't know the rules, and it
would impose a severe limitation to those that do.

>    hmm...man g++ never mentions textinfo

man gcc does.  I didn't even know there was a g++ man-page :-)

We'd welcome a patch for g++.1 that copies from gcc.1 the paragraph
pointing to the info document.  g++.1 lives in gcc-2.95/gcc/cp; gcc.1
lives in gcc-2.95/gcc.  Thanks in advance.

>    (I am a vi-head, and textinfo causes emacs)

There are stand-alone text- and x-based `info' browser, you don't need
emacs for browsing info.  In fact, I seldom use it for info browsing.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}