Re: muldi3, divdi3 and remdi3 patterns

  In message <4.1.19990811073640.00ce36f0@garfield.dis.com>you write:
  > case UDIV:
  > case MOD:
  > case UMOD:
  > 	return COSTS_N_INSNS (60);
  >
  > Did you base the costs on anything concrete such as number of cycles
  > or instructions per operation, or are these arbitrary values that
  > simply indicate the relative costs? What does the "60" represent?
I don't remember.  It's been many many years since I even looked at those
cost macros.

Basically they're supposed to provide rough estimates of the number of
instructions/cycles necessary to implement each operation (on average).
Whether or not the PA mul/div stuff follows that convention I'm not sure
(again, it's been a very very long time).

jeff