Re: Should dead stores which could trap be deleted?

Den 07-Aug-99 02:32:36 skrev John Wehle fĝlgende om "Re: Should dead stores which could trap be deleted?":

> The routine in question isn't special casing division by zero which
> I am merely using as an example of something which can trap.  Another
> example is floating point math which also can trap.  Interestingly enough
> may_trap_p does have a specific check for potential division by zero.

   Another example that may trap is

int fubar (void)
{
	long c;

	c = 42;
	return (0);
}

   if you happen to run out of stack space at that point. GCC happily
optimises such a store away, if I'm not mistaken.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen       | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.k-net.dk  |
| Registered Phase5 developer    | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)    | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC  |
|              Please Tell Me if you Don't Get This Message              |