Re: Illegal instruction (core dumped) on i586

  John,

    thanks... what you are saying makes sense, but my
  main suggestion was that egcs maintainers consider
  ensuring the availability of good RPMs. This may
  include contacting someone who can pack RPMs, or
  learning the RPM tricks or... talking to RedHat,
  whatever. Please do not consider this as "making
  binaries for every trashy system", but rather
  "ensuring the utility to major customers".
  I don't suppose many windows applications depend
  on gcc and libs, neither on Solaris or HP-UX.
  gcc is the default compiler on Linux. Things
  are very difft here.

						Igor
--
  Igor Markov  office: (310) 206-0179