Re: Simple RTL question (was: New cfg code)

>> "Bernd" == Bernd Schmidt <bernds@cygnus.co.uk> writes:

 >> For fun I was trying to understand this example and had a quick question
 >> that I couldn't answer in the docs:

 jeff> (code_label 80 79 81 15 "" [num uses: 2])
 >> In the info docs, it says that (code_label) has two extra fields -
 >> CODE_LABEL_NUMBER and LABEL_NUSES.  The label number appears to be 15 and
 >> the number of uses is 2.  What is the empty string?  Is it actually part
 >> of the rtl expression or an artifact of printing?  I'm guessing it
 >> contains the string assigned to the code label, but wanted verification.

 Bernd> All the rtl expressions are defined (and documented) in the rtl.def
 Bernd> file.  The section for CODE_LABEL is this: /* Holds a label that is
 Bernd> followed by instructions.  Operand: 3: is a number that is unique in
 Bernd> the entire compilation.  4: is the user-given name of the label, if
 Bernd> any.  5: is used in jump.c for the use-count of the label.  6: is used
 Bernd> in flow.c to point to the chain of label_ref's to this label.  */

OK, so the info docs are out of synch.  If nobody else does, I'll submit an update.

Thanks for the replies
Jerry

--
Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn@nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505