Re: Wherefore art thou 2.95 Announcement?

  In message <37A3945D.E4F68BD5@switchco.com>you write:

  > 	Slashdot has announced that gcc 2.95 is released but I missed any
  > such announcement here. Last I read, we were waiting for some final
  > OK's from RMS. I hope that's not always going to be a future
  > requirement. So is this thing released now or what?!?!?
It is unfortunate that /. & freshmeat do not wait for the official
announcements.  Typically we put the release on the server, then give the
mirrors 24-72hrs to pick up the new release before we make the official
announcement.

Part of the egcs/gcc merger means that we have to play more nicely with RMS,
so these things are going to happen from time to time.  If you're unhappy about
that, you should indicate your unhappiness to RMS.

jeff