Documentation (FAQ/Installation/Release)

Hi there,

as I was working with the FAQ and the install documentation the last
days I just want to ask if there are any plans to reorganize the
documentation when gcc-2.95 is or was announced.  Just to make clear
what I mean (and what I'd suggest), I give you a short list:

1) Part of the documentation is in texinfo format (mainly the manuals),
   others are HTML-files (e.g. the installation doc and the FAQ), some
   are just plain text files HTMLized (c++features.html)
   I think texinfo is the better format, at least for the FAQ and the
   installation docs, the release info (in in
   http://egcs.cygnus.com/gcc-2.95/) may be HTML, but we should think
   about converting the text files to "real" HTML, too.

2) Maybe the C++ improvements should _not_ contain any reference to egcs
   any more (there is a section "Changes in EGCS 1.1"), but describe the
   improvements compared with gcc-2.8.x.

3) The g++ FAQ was outdated and therefore deleted some days ago.
   I really would like to have some special GNU g++ FAQ again as this is
   a bit confusing for many users (libg++, libstd++, c++, g++ etc.).
   This document may be part of the ordinary FAQ (which already contains
   5 C++-specific questions), but I'd suggest to create an extra
   file/page for it.

I'm not sure how many time we have until gcc-2.95 will be released and
if these things are important enough to work on them before the release.
Otherwise I'll work on it after gcc-2.95 is ready.

  Jonas

--
 "OS/2?  Hah.  I've got Linux.  What a cool name"  (Linus Torvalds)