Problems linking egcs-made applications with sicstus prolog

Hello,

we have a problem linking egcs-made applications of our own with the
commercial prolog interpreter/compiler sicstus.

Due to alleged problems of the malloc() family of system libraries in Linux
the sicstus team has re-implemented those functions, thus demanding the use
of SP_malloc(), SP_free() etc in our programs instead of the original ones.

This would not pose too much of a problem for standard C programs. When
using the C++ framework there is the case of the "new" and "delete"
statements, though, also indirectly using the malloc() family.

Our question now: if we overload the malloc() family with the SP_ routines
- will the C++ operators "new" and "delete" use them, too? If yes, this
would be a very simple and elegant way to overcome those rather nasty
problems.

If not, we will have to abandon about a month's fulltime work as we did not
become aware of this trap until today.  :-(

Therefore any hint will be gratefully appreciated!

	Peter Roosen
	LTT
	RWTH Aachen
	http://www.ltt.rwth-aachen.de