Re: is g77 compatible with Fortran 77 ?

Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su> writes:
> 2. change MXUNIT macros definition
>    i attached my patch here, but patching only fio.h (where MXUNIT is
>    defined) is not enough, probably close_at_end stuff must be
>    rewritten in more sane way.

[ MIME-encoded patch to set MXUNIT to the largest integer size elided ]

Please see libf2c/libI77/err.c to see how the value of MXUNIT affects
your code size. And, btw, there is no MAX_INT in ANSI C -- it's INT_MAX.

I can see up'ing MXUNIT to a 1000 or so, but setting it to INT_MAX???

The sane way to do this is to maintain an associative array, or map,
instead of using a static array. Quite easy to do, and the performance
hit should be acceptable.

Regards,
Mumit