Re: IA32: printing FP register variables

> On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 03:26:18PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> > Once the other internal work is done, would the EGCS folks be willing
> > to experiment with both, and give us some sense of how much difference
> > it makes?
>
> Yes.  It seems a reasonable thing to try.

Okay.  So the current plan is:

1) EGCS folks get regstack to actually propagate the variable/register
   mapping to its output accurately.
2) EGCS folks make sure accurate LRS information is generated.
3) EGCS folks compare output size using base-relative and top-relative
   numberings.  Unless the space savings are persuasive, we stick with
   the more intuitive and more widely used top-relative numbering.
4) Once EGCS is generating the information correctly, GDB folks implement
   support for whatever numbering system the EGCS folks recommend.