Re: PATCH: `__norestrict' type qualifier

 Jamie> Joe Buck wrote:
 >> Modulo the exception for char* (or unsigned char*, const char*,
 >> etc) pointers, of course.

 Jamie> Isn't there also an exception for structures with the same
 Jamie> leading fields (a la XEvent)?

Yes.  The standard calls these "compatible types" (which phrase I used
in my little diatribe).

Anyway, we seem largely to be in violent agreement here.  I was just
trying to point out why some pedants might be skeptical of adding
"norestrict" to the standard.  As Joe Buck points out, it really isn't
a problem, even if it IS just shorthand for implementation-defined
behavior.

 - Pat