Re: testing gcc-2.95 with glibc x86 math library

> >    Did you try Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> ?
> I suppose I could ask him; he appears to have been the one who made long
> double copies of double .S functions, without making any necessary changes
> other than changing the memory access.

But to his great credit he did ask for help, in one of the README notes.

I don't think there is a workable answer to the libm problem short
of having the maintainers be people who actually use the functions.
Olaf Flebbe, a physicist, was the maintainer for the libc5 version.
I think he had much better judgment than the software people.

My unsatisfactory solution is that I almost never use any system
math library.