Re: Invalid RS6000 assemble produced by gcc version 2.95 19990712 (pr erelease)

Kit> The installation notes (http://egcs.cygnus.com/install/specific.html) refer
Kit> to aix 4.3 and not aix 4.2 which is what I'm using. However, can anyone tell
Kit> me if it really applies to 4.2 as well.

Kit> We've found major speed improvments using gas instead of as - especially
Kit> with optimised code. We'd be loath to have to switch back.

	Binutils (including gas) support was written to conform to AIX
3.2.5.  With each revision of AIX, binutils is farther and farther behind,
and less and less compatible.  You can use the current gas if it works for
you, but any bugs are in gas, not gcc.  GCC support for AIX is being
written to conform to the assembler syntax that AIX "as" accepts.

David