Re: sparc vs lapack

craig@jcb-sc.com wrote:

> >However, ISO C9X added all sorts of gnifty complex math functions,
> >and so I have to fix the problem to pass the brand new glibc tests.
>
> Ah, indeed.  Might also be worth making sure we DTRT vis-a-vis the
> C++ complex type, whatever that is -- does the ABI consider it a
> complex type, or is it just a class that happens to be implemented
> as a struct with two floats?

It's a template class, _but_ its implementation is implementation-
defined (imagine that :-). The standard only mandates the interface;
an implementation can use a native complex type internally.

> This is getting so complex!  ;-)

Yes, it's about time we started thinking about a native
quaternion type, to make things a bit less boring ...

    Brane

--
Branko Čibej                 <branko.cibej@hermes.si>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia