Re: sparc vs lapack

>On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 02:03:33PM -0000, craig@jcb-sc.com wrote:
>> Do we know of any code in common use where this matters?
>
>In use now?  No, which is one of the reasons I havn't fixed it.
>(I don't think Fortran statement functions are that common.)

Besides, they don't matter, as long as they work, because they aren't
exposed to ABI issues.

>However, ISO C9X added all sorts of gnifty complex math functions,
>and so I have to fix the problem to pass the brand new glibc tests.

Ah, indeed.  Might also be worth making sure we DTRT vis-a-vis the
C++ complex type, whatever that is -- does the ABI consider it a
complex type, or is it just a class that happens to be implemented
as a struct with two floats?  (If the former, great, though we have
to get that working too; if the latter, that makes for problems interfacing
g++-compiled code using its complex type with gcc-compiled code using
__complex__ or g77-with-fno-emulate-complex compiled code using COMPLEX.
This is getting so complex!  ;-)

        tq vm, (burley)