Re: The complex problems

>This leaves us with a decision to make.  Either we leave the default
>handling of complex values alone and document that it's totally busted
>for certain combinations of complex types and target systems, or we
>change the handling of complex so that we use -femulate-complex in
>those cases where the generic complex support in gcc is known to mess
>things up.
>
>Comments and suggestions are more than welcome at this juncture.

The simple fix that I use for float complex on alpha stimulated some
bugs that would sometimes delete the insn for the imaginary part.
They were fixed but they did not show up immediately.  So I predict
that no matter how you fix it, something will break and cause a
regression.  I think this should not be done as a last-minute hack.

Since complex has never worked on 64-bit targets it is not a
regression to leave it alone.