Re: Bug with g77 and -mieee on Alpha Linux

  In message <378A7B90.7DCF39C9@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>you write:
  > > Cygnus wrote a pass based on the lcm routines to find computationally
  > > optimal locations for FP mode switching on the sh.  That same code can be
  > > used to do mode switching for any system which needed it, including stuff
  > > like mmx/fp mode swtiching on ia32.
  >
  > Well, if this can be done reliably, I am convinced that support for IEEE
  > conformance (minus the range question, which should be documented quite
  > clearly) is possible.
It can be done reliably.  The only major issue with that code as it stands is
it introduces another hook like MACHINE_DEPENDENT_REORG.  We don't want another
hook like that one.  It's the most abused hook in the compiler.

The bulk of the code is designed to be a generic optimization of mode switching
(the precise nature of the mode switch isn't particularly important).

jeff