Re: gcc-2.95 status

>> Yep, it's a pretty severe test - and with a clear license (I mean, we
>> cannot include it as it is in our testsuite, but we might simply include
>> a reference in our Web documents where to find it and how to run it).
Jeff> I can confirm the the ppc code gen issue is not an unroller problem.  I get
Jeff> the same failures with and without the unroller enabled.

Jeff> Yes, it's a good stress tester.  Good to see the license is clear, even if we
Jeff> can't include it directly it's free and we can point folks at the canonical
Jeff> sources with instructions for testing.

	Are you performing the PowerPC tests with -ffloat-store?
Otherwise it will use the FP multiply-add instructions and give excess
precision.  The "iee" C torture tests were failing on the PowerPC port
until that flag was used for those tests.

David