Re: basic_string::release and thread safety: what about basic_string::grab?

> From: Joe Buck <jbuck@Synopsys.COM>
> To: drepper@cygnus.com, egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 99 10:37:58 PDT

> So, should basic_string::Rep::grab also use an atomic instruction to
> increment grab?  Or is the low-probability memory leak OK?

A system that fails faster is easier to test than one that fails more
slowly.  A flight to mars take a long time.  If you don't think we go
there, we already have.

:-(

You're in the middle of an important phone call, do you want the
satellite to reboot?  If you think we don't go there...