Re: Building egcs 2.95 on UnixWare 2.1.3

> Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 05:03:36 -0600
> From: Warren Young <tangent@mail.com>

> But I have a more serious problem.  EGCS 1.1.x was always slow about
> compiling a particular module of ours that was template-heavy.  (About
> 40 seconds on a PPro-180, for a module less than 2000 LOC, including
> headers.)  2.95 fails on this file with a signal 11.

:-) I wonder if -fno-inline helps any (not for the sig 11, you already
said it won't, but for the speed problem).  If so, then try
-finline-limit-@var{n}, if you compiler supports it, if not, try a
newer compiler.

> I think it'd be tough to distill this down to a simple example, because
> of the problem's very nature, but I can describe what's going on fairly
> concisely:

The English description is almost totally useless.  The testcase is
trivial to generate.  g++ -E .... >testcase.ii

Yes, it would be nice to have you cut it down, but that isn't strictly
required.