Re: gdb and g77

>I suspect the bug will turn out to be gdb.  But we need to verify that the
>debug symbols being emitted from gcc look sane before we point a finger at
>gdb  :-)

Well, it looks like there's general doubt on this list regarding the
statement that gdb works fine with "other" Fortran compilers.

Could whoever asserted that gdb works with "other" Fortran's please
submit a complete example of this working, including the source code
for a small Fortran program, the gdb session showing it working, and
the assembler output of the "other" compiler when compiling that
program, so we can see for ourselves just what "working" means in this
case?

        tq vm, (burley)