RE:C166 port of gcc

> Look at www.hightec-rt.de:
> - They offer demo binaries (restricted to 64k) for free download.
> - They don't mention any license information, nor do they offer
>   sources and/or full featured binaries via internet.

They do mention license information: the page
http://www.hightec-rt.de/uk/gnuc16x.htm says "GNU is free software as
defined by the Free Software Foundation (FSF). For this reason, much of
GNU C16x is protected under the FSF's General Public License. "

Just the same, this is a blatant GPL violation.  The GPL doesn't say that
they must distribute source, but it does say that if they distribute
binary, they must either include the source or a written offer, good for
three years, saying how to get the source.

I just downloaded the Linux version of their demo.  It is binary-only, and
there is no copyright mentioned at all (other than the message in the gdb
binary).  These are the GNU tools; in addition to the compiler, versions
of gdb, gmake, and the binutils are included.

I'll pass this on to RMS.