Re: FreeBSD 3.x

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.990604130517.9491M-100000@cygnus.rush.net>you write
> :
>   > Since no one has responded, I'd like a crack at it.
>   >
>   > I assume this is with the most recent snapshots?
> Yes.  The gcc-2.95 prerelease snapshots.
>
> A variety of folks have mentioned the possibility that freebsd & linux
> might set up the FP unit differently.  If so that might explain the
> rbug failure (and a couple others that I haven't investigated yet).

*IF* they do, it helps explain it: setting the FP control register
right makes many of the aspects of rbug.c come and go, depending
on the actual setting.  (But neither setting alone is a complete fix.)

> Some folks have donated code fragments which would allow me to peek at
> the fp control register.  I'll probably do that sometime after I get back
> to SLC.

It's a trivial little asm, if nothing else, and also included in
the rbug.c patch for informational purposes (in the testcase,
#ifdef-ed).

Donn

Donn Terry                  mailto:donn@interix.com
Softway Systems, Inc.        http://www.interix.com
2850 McClelland Dr, Ste. 1800   Ft.Collins CO 80525
Tel: +1-970-204-9900           Fax: +1-970-204-9951