Re: Linux and aliasing?

    Chip> Linus continues to complain on linux-kernel that egcs lacks
    Chip> a way to *selectively* turn off the new stronger alias
    Chip> analysis.  Is this not easy, or is it just not an important
    Chip> issue to the egcs team?  -- Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. -
    Chip> <chip@perlsupport.com> "When do you work?"  "Whenever I'm
    Chip> not busy."

It's not easy.

And it's not in any way clear that it's the right thing to do.

And David Miller (IIRC) indicated that the kernel folks would probably
eliminate the non-standard C code in the next major kernel revision.

So, no, I don't think it's a priority for us to make any such change.
I can't really speak for others, but that's my take on the situation.