Re: Do you need the vtable bug fixed?

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 03, H.J. Lu wrote:

> I don't care too much binary incompatibility when I have
> the correct code. I WANT to recompile all my C++ programs
> so that I don't have to worry about when my C++ programs
> will break silently.

Don't care about binary incompatibility is very bad for
Distributors and Software firms. As distributor, we could
recompile the complete distribution for the next release,
not that problem. But it is hard enough to tell firms to
port to Linux. If they always get trouble with Linux because
of binary incompatibilites with new compiler, libraries, etc.
they will stop supporting Linux. I must help some of this firms
in the moment who are very angry about this. The Linux community
must care about binary compatiblity.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk      http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH           Schanzaeckerstr. 10             90443 Nuernberg