Re: Fatal error buildling libobjc/linking.m

In article <11713.928106581@upchuck.cygnus.com> you write:

>OK.  I've figured out what is causing the segfault when building
>libobjc/linking.m on some systems.

>It occurs when one has c-parse.{c,h} generated with bison-1.25 and
>objc-parse.c generated with bison-1.27 or vice-versa.

>bison-1.25 and bison-1.27 start numbering tokens at different values, thus
>(for example) IDENTIFIER may have the value 258 for one version of bison and
>257 for a different version of bison.

Ouch, I had forgotten about this one...
I did reach the same conclusions independently some weeks ago, and forgot
to tell about it. I'm very sorry about that.

Another nicety of the current state of affairs:
bison is not strictly required for building those parsers.

OpenBSD Berkeley Yacc does not have any trouble with them at all.

Test-results are perfectly identical with the bison version, and there
does not seem to be any problem with them so far... after building roughly
300 MB of source code.