Re: Function Prolog / Epilog

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <374CB6C0.79C2C5F1@tssc.co.nz>you write:
>   > Has anybody spoken up about this yet?  I'm willing to have a go at this
>   > at home (i386-linux-gnu).  I've got a tolerable amount of experience
>   > with both the front end (GPC - 2 years ago) and the back end (big endian
>   > i860 - recent, but not released because I was having reload problems),
>   > so something like this shouldn't be too hard.
> No volunteers yet.

Okay.  I'll see how far I can get this weekend.

> Yes, this will be a lot easier than hacking reload :-)

Phew :)  BTW, should I send in my patches anyway?  They do involve some
major hacking of i860.md.  I rewrote all the movXX insns to avoid
multiple asm insns per rtl insn.  There's also a couple of patches
scattered through the core code to allow for bogus endian machines (see
the endian-ness comment in i860.h).  In fact, it was the interaction of
my movXX insns and reload that were giving me all my hassles.

Bill
--
Leave others their otherness