Problems with egcs and POSIX threads on AIX

Hi!  I've been having problems compiling programs on AIX 4.3.1 that use
POSIX threads.  I'm currently using egcs-19990517 and I am building
egcs-19990524 at the time of this writing.  I was trying to build
glib-1.2.3 and it found the POSIX thread support and headers files and
stuff just fine, but it chocked when trying to compile a module that
included /usr/include/pthread.h because it encountered a parsing error and
it complained about mismatched curly braces.  I'll try building egcs-1.1.2
to see if the problem still occurs, but I was just wondering if there are
any other AIX users out there who have had problems with POSIX threads on
AIX and egcs?  I was able to get glib-1.2.3 compiled using cc (IBM's
compiler), but not with gcc (egcs).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Peace.....