Re: [Fwd: One GCC for all targets.]

  In message <3744EB76.C3558084@dgs.monash.edu.au>you write:
  > Brendan Simon wrote:
  >
  > > On the GDB mailing list there was discussion of one GDB executable which
  > > could debug multiple target architectures (eg. PPC, m68k, etc).  I was
  > > wondering if GCC would go down the same track ?  I'm sure that there
  > > would be alot of communication between the GDB and GCC/EGCS people (but
  > > I might be assuming too much).  Does anyone know or have any comments
  > > about future releases of GCC compiling for multiple target
  > > architectures.
No real plans.  We haven't even thought through what issues need to be
resolved.

This kind of problem is really mostly in gdb's domain -- many embedded
systems today have multiple processors and it's awful nice to be able to
look at the state for each one under the control of a single gdb session.

However, in the gcc world, typically the programs for each of the cpus
in a system are built separately into different images.

jeff