Re: Regression test volunteers for gcc-2.95

It's time to ask for volunteers to perform regression testing of the
gcc-2.95 release.

Before you volunteer, I suggest you read

http://egcs.cygnus.com/gcc-2.95/regress.html

Note carefully that we need folks that can test *both* an egcs-1.1 based
compiler as well as a gcc-2.95 based compiler.  The basic idea is for
platforms noted on that page we should not have any regressions when we
compare the results of the egcs-1.1.x compiler to the results of running
the same testsuite with a gcc-2.95 compiler.

The most important thing to do now is get the list of volunteers and for
the volunteers to get the egcs-1.1.x based results which provide the baseline
for comparisons with gcc-2.95.

I will go ahead and volunteer to regression test hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20 and
m68k-hp-bsd4.4.

Cheewai Yeung cheewai_yeung@yahoo.com will be coordinating the analysis
of the test results.  You should send him mail if you can volunteer to test
one of the listed platforms.

Questions about the process should be sent to both Cheewai and myself (mostly
so that I can try to clarify on the web pages any issues with the procedures
for performing the tests and reporting the results).

jeff