Re: integration of GPC into EGCS

Alexander V. Voinov wrote:
> Are there any plans to *fully* integrate GNU Pascal into the main EGCS
> source tree as is done for G77?

Yes.

> I.e. I mean to have GPC as a true proper
> subtree of egcs as g77 is, and to find it by default in all stable and
> experimental versions of egcs. For example, that moment one has
> egcs-1.1.2 as a standard version, adopted by RedHat et al., but GPC is
> compatible only with the 1.1.1.

Of course, but this also means some work

  - to get GPC integrated into EGCS,

    (This task involves changes to the EGCS backend which must
    be coordinated with the other EGCS developers.  In earlier
    cases our very small suggestions were not accepted, so I do
    not really expect our major requirements to make it into the
    EGCS main line.)

  - to keep track with EGCS development,

  - not to lose support for stable releases (gcc-2.8.1, egcs-1.1.x).

Due to a big lack of human resources we currently do not feel
able to perform this task - although it is on our schedule.

Help welcome!

    Peter

--
Peter Gerwinski, Essen, Germany, http://home.pages.de/~Peter.Gerwinski/